- What Personal Information does Luminis Collect?
- Why does Luminis Collect Personal Information?
- How does Luminis Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Information?
- To Whom does Luminis Disclose Personal Information?
- Privacy and Luminis Websites
What Personal Information Does Luminis Collect?
A visitor may provide us with his or her friend’s name and e-mail address. Please note that Luminis will use such information only for the specified purpose (e.g. to send the eCARD) and we will not contact the third party again unless and until the third party contacts us. Children: Luminis is committed to protecting the privacy of children and we do not knowingly solicit information from children under the age of 13, except from time to time at certain websites that are directed to children.If a child under the age of 13 wishes to send us personal information, he or she is required to provide Luminis with his or her parent’s or guardian’s e-mail address so that we can obtain permission. If a child has already provided us with personal information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of correcting or deleting this information (please see “Who to Contact” in Section 8 below). We encourage parents of children under the age of 13 to regularly check and monitor their children’s use of e-mail and the Luminis websites.
Why Does Luminis Collect Personal Information?
Luminis and its agents, affiliates and service providers may collect, use and/or disclose Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to understand consumer needs and preferences, and to communicate with website visitors and consumers
- to administer the Luminis Consumer Services Contact Centre and to respond to consumer inquiries
- to conduct surveys, contests and promotions
- to conduct research and statistical analysis
- to distribute Luminis newsletters, promotional information, product samples, coupons and other material to individuals who have voluntarily enrolled in our mailing lists and/or e-mailing lists, including via third party mailing houses
- to develop, enhance, market, sell, provide and inform individuals of, Luminis' products and services
- to develop, enhance, market, sell, provide and inform individuals of, products and services of third parties, including our affiliates and suppliers, with whom Luminis has a commercial relationship
- to update and verify Luminis databases and information provided by third parties
- to monitor communications to ensure the consistency and quality of the products and services of Luminis, its affiliates, suppliers, distributors, retailers and other third parties with whom Luminis has a commercial relationship
- with respect to individual service providers, suppliers, distributors and retailers, to: (1) consider whether Luminis or any of its affiliates should establish or continue a commercial relationship, including without limitation, to extend credit and to evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information, to check references and to confer with banking institutions; and (2) establish and maintain commercial relationships, to provide products and services, administer accounts, make and receive payments, facilitate product delivery and returns, and fulfill contractual obligations
- to detect and protect Luminis and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud and other illegal activity, and to comply with Luminis audit requirements, and to audit compliance with Luminis' policies, procedures, laws and contractual obligations
- to engage in business transactions that may involve the sale or transfer of personal information, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Luminis or its affiliates or any particular brand, product line or business unit
- as permitted by, and to comply with, any laws or regulations
- for any other purpose to which an individual consents.
How Does Luminis Collect, Use, and Disclose Personal Information?
Identifying Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
Luminis identifies the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the personal information is collected. Some of the identified purposes for which Luminis currently collects, uses or discloses personal information are described in Section 3 above.
Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information
The knowledge and consent of an individual are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of his or her personal information, except as permitted by law. In obtaining consent, Luminis uses reasonable efforts to ensure that an individual is advised of the identified purposes for which personal information will be used or disclosed. In determining the appropriate form of consent, Luminis takes into account the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations of a reasonable person. An individual may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. At that time, Luminis will advise the individual of the implications of such withdrawal.
Limiting Collection of Personal Information
Luminis limits the collection of personal information, both the amount and the type of information, to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Luminis. Luminis collects personal information by fair and lawful means, and not by misleading or deceiving individuals about the purpose for which information is being collected.
Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention of Personal Information
Luminis does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than the identified purposes for which it is collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required or permitted by law. Luminis retains personal information only as long as is necessary to fulfill the identified purposes.
Accuracy of Personal Information
Personal information held by Luminis is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Information will be sufficiently accurate, complete, and up-to-date to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about an individual. Luminis does not routinely update personal information, unless such process is necessary to fulfill the identified purposes. We rely on individuals to inform us of any changes to their personal information. To update your personal information, please see Section 8 below.
Luminis protects personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Luminis uses reasonable efforts and security measures to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification, disposal or destruction.
Openness Concerning Policies and Practices
Individual Access to Personal Information
Upon written request from an individual, Luminis will inform the individual of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, will give the individual a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information collected by Luminis. Luminis will make every reasonable effort to provide personal information in an understandable form within a reasonable time, generally within 30 days, and at minimal cost to the individual. An individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. If access is denied, Luminis will inform the requesting individual in writing.
To Whom Does Luminis Disclose Personal Information?
In addition to the purposes identified above, from time to time Luminis may collect or disclose personal information from or to: a) a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Luminis, is providing or seeking the information as an agent of the subject individual, such as a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13; b) service providers retained by Luminis to perform functions on its behalf or to provide services to Luminis, such as advertisers, promotion and mailing houses, market researchers, delivery contractors, auditors, website administrators, data processing, information technology and office services, provided such organization or individual does not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or provide services to Luminis; or c) any third party where the subject individual consents to such collection, use or disclosure, or as required or permitted by law.
Privacy and Luminis Website Cookies
Online and Offline Communications
In order to provide you with a product, service or information, you may voluntarily submit personal information to us for purposes such as registering for our services, obtaining information, corresponding with us, and participating in contests and surveys. We may combine and store personal information about your use of our websites and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
If you subscribe to any of our e-newsletters or other similar website services, Luminis may send you e-mail communications with information that may be useful to you, including information about the products and services of Luminis, its affiliates and other third parties with whom we have a commercial relationship. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of your preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from Luminis. In addition, at any time you may let us know that you wish to discontinue such mailings or contact by contacting the Consumer Services Contact Centre.
Our websites may contain links to other websites which are provided to you as a convenience only. You are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy practices than Luminis, and Luminis has no responsibility for such third party websites.
Who To Contact and Making Changes to Your Personal Information
- to correct, update or delete your personal information from our records
- to correct, update or delete personal information that your child under age 13 has provided to Luminis
- to unsubscribe from mailings and other Luminis contact
Luminis - Background:
The products or services mentioned in this website are intended for UK consumers only and the claims made here relate solely to the products and services sold or provided by Luminis, Schrader Limited.
Restrictions on Use
This site is owned and operated by Luminis, the trading name of Schrader Limited and contains material which is derived in whole or in part from material supplied by Schrader Limited and its parent company, affiliates or subsidiaries. All material is protected by international copyright and trade-mark laws. Unless expressly authorized by Schrader Limited, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from this site including code and software. You may download material from this site for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all trade-mark, copyright and other proprietary notices. The use of any such material on any other website or computer network without Luminis' written consent is strictly prohibited. Your use of the trademarks, service marks and trade names on this web site in any manner other than as authorized in these terms and conditions, or as authorized in writing by Luminis is strictly prohibited.
If you download from this web site, the software and all files, images and data relating to the software will be licensed to you by Luminis. You do not own the downloaded software, and Luminis does not transfer ownership of the software to you. Luminis retains full ownership of and title to the downloaded software and all intellectual property rights related to the software. You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the software to a human-perceivable form. If you download software from this web site, you represent and warrant to Luminis that you are not acting in violation of any laws.
License to Luminis
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data or submitting comments, suggestions, graphics, ideas and other information or material to Luminis through this web site, you are granting Luminis a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to:
- Use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such communication;
- Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.
The foregoing rights shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trade-mark, service mark or patent laws under any applicable jurisdiction. Any information provided by you shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. If this site offers you the opportunity to send e-cards, this license does not extend to the personalized content of any e-cards that you might send through this site.
Luminis may provide links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties or this site may be located on a third party web site. Neither Luminis, its parent or subsidiary companies nor their respective affiliates operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on these third-party sites. The inclusion of a link or the location of this site does not imply any direct or indirect endorsement by Luminis of that site. The materials in this site and any third-party sites are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Luminis disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Luminis does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including bulletin boards, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. Luminis does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. You (and not Luminis) assume the entire responsibility and cost of all necessary maintenance, repair or correction. This web site is directed only to UK consumers for products and services of Luminis. This web site is not directed to U.S. consumers or any other consumers outside the UK.
This web site may include e-cards, bulletin boards and/or chat rooms (collectively the "Communications") allowing you to send messages to third parties or to interact with other users in real time. Luminis does not control the messages, information or files delivered through the Communications. It is a condition of your use of these Communications and this web site generally that you agree not to:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communications.
- Post, send or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind including, without limitation, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, provincial, national or international law.
- Post, send or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary rights or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- Post, send or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Post, send, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or which contains advertising. You understand and acknowledge that Luminis may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, posting and other transmissions on this web site. However, Luminis has no obligation to monitor the content of the Communications and assumes no responsibility for libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, illegality or inaccuracy contained in any information transmitted to or from any such locations on this web site. Luminis reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to send or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in Luminis' sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these terms and conditions. Notwithstanding anything else contained herein, your sole and exclusive remedy for Luminis' action is to discontinue using Luminis' site.
This agreement is effective until terminated by Luminis at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to send e-cards and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the bulletin boards, the disclaimers and limitations of liability set forth in this agreement, shall survive indefinitely.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the UK applicable therein, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Luminis Gift Cards Terms and Conditions
The Luminis Gift Card cannot be redeemed online. However, they can be redeemed for mail order by contacting email@example.com Guests are asked to protect Gift Cards and treat as if cash, if lost, anyone can redeem the value. Lost, stolen or damaged cards cannot be replaced.
- The Luminis Gift Card cannot be redeemed for cash or refunded.
- The Luminis Gift Card is valid for the period of time indicated on the card itself. The standard redemption period is 6 months from date of issue.
- Promotional Offers sold via Gift Cards will follow these terms and conditions but on occasions may not be valid with all therapists and/or at all salons.
- The responsibility of using the Gift Card prior to expiry lies with the possessor of the Gift Card. No pre-expiry reminders will be sent from Luminis.
- The remaining balance after the expiry date will be cancelled.
- The Luminis Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card and cannot be topped up.
- When you use The Luminis Gift Card, the amount of your purchase will be deducted from the balance on the card. Change will not be given.
- Please check in store for balance enquiries or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Gift Card number under the barcode.
- Luminis reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Gift Card from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. The current conditions will be available at all times in-salon and at www.luminisbeauty.co.uk. This does not affect your legal rights.
- Issued by Schrader Limited trading as Luminis.
- Any queries relating to Gift Cards or E Vouchers valid at Luminis but purchased through third party websites must be referred back to the seller.
- All refunds of goods or services purchased with The Luminis Gift Card will be made in accordance with Luminis' Refund Policy. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If a payment issue arises after the purchase and issue of a gift card, Luminis reserves the right to cancel the set value on the gift card.
Offers and Promotions:
From time to time we offer discounted treatments and/or retail through in-salon, on line and other traditional media formats. These are subject to terms and conditions, which are usually, but not limited to, time, date, availability and quota restrictions. We reserve the right to withdraw such offers at any time. Further information on these terms and conditions can be found in salon or via an equiry to our guest relations team.
Treatment Course Terms and Conditions
- A purchase of 3 of the same treatment entitles the guest to a discount off the total cost.
- These discounted treatments then have a validity period.
- Courses of treatments listed on the price list are valid for 12 months only from date of purchase.
- Promotional courses are valid for 6 months only, from date of purchase. Promotional courses can only be purchased during the promotional period.
- Treatments contained within a course cannot be transferred to other guests or exchanged for alternative treatments.
- Courses cannot be redeemed for cash or refunded.
Appointment times and treatment type are reserved especially for you, our guest and on your request. We would therefore request any changes to appointment type and time be made with at least 48 hours notice.
On certain appointments we operate a pre-payment booking scheme and reserve the right to charge 50% of the booking fee should we receive less than 24 hours notice and not be able to refill the appointment time.
If you are not 100% completely satisfied with our product(s) or service, please contact us by clicking here. Please note refunds are discretionary and are issued on a case by case basis.
Your Visit to our Luminis Salon
Luminis is not just for ladies. We welcome everyone to our Luminis salons. Most of our treatments are suitable for men too. If you are not sure if a treatment is right for you please ask one of our therapists in-salon or email email@example.com
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have any medical conditions or allergies, please let your therapist know in advance of your treatment so we can advise which treatments are right for you.
All treatments are available for 18 or over. However we do have a selection of treatments available to teens, please ask for more details.
We advise all guests to arrive 10 - 15 minutes ahead of the allotted appointment time to allow details to be taken, refreshments made and for you to switch of your mobile phone and relax.
We will advise you any clothing requirements and provide towels and disposable underwear if needed.
In every therapy room there is a wardrobe for your personal effects; please keep your valuables safe as Luminis will not accept responsibility if anything is lost, stolen or damaged.
We provide a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere so we appreciate guests not bringing children or babies into the treatment areas.